Welcome! This project is run by the Statistics Rehabilitation Research and Training Center at the UNH Institute on Disability, sponsored by the National Institute on Disability, Independent Living and Rehabilitation Research (NIDILRR) under the RRTC grant 90RTGE0001.
This curriculum is being developed for anyone who wishes to learn more about disability statistics in the US. The current curriculum is in beta testing and maybe revised in the future. Each module will introduce you to data sources and some of the measurement issues associated with understanding the topic of disability.
Learn more about Disability Statistics
- Topic 1: Accessibility Considerations in Dissemination
- Topic 2: Disability Statistics and Measuring Disparities
- Topic 3: Participation in General and Disability-Focused Programs
- Topic 1: Operationalization of Disability in Surveys
- Topic 2: Operationalization of Disability in Surveys II
- Topic 1: Disablement Models
- Topic 2: Disability in America
- Topic 1: Publicly available data sources, key variables and where to find them
- Topic 2: Examples of Use
- Topic 1: American Community Survey (ACS)
- Topic 2: Current Population Survey (CPS)
- Topic 3: Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS)
- Topic 4: Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)